Week 12 Story Lab


For this week, I decided to do a story lab instead of writing a story! I chose the learning about microfiction lab. I of course have been using the Tiny Tales books this semester, so I was already familiar with those. I started out the lab by checking out The New York Times Modern Love Tiny Love Stories.

I had heard about this project but hadn't gotten around to reading any of them. I really enjoyed looking through those and realizing how powerful words can be, even just 100 or less of them. I have always gotten so caught up in giving a million details that it's hard for me to even imagine telling a powerful story like those in such few words.

The other stories I really liked were the two-sentence horror stories on reddit. I could spend all day going through those, they are so fascinating and fun!

I'm not sure if I will try microfiction myself, but I do know that it would probably be a really good exercise for me. As a journalist, our goal is to be as concise as possible, so practicing that in all forms of writing would be a helpful skill for me to build.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 2 Story: Retelling of the Crocodile in the River