Famous Last Words: In the homestretch

My best writing for this week: I'd say my best writing was done when I wrote the first story for my Storybook. I've been really excited for this Storybook, but the semester has been crazy for me so I'm fairly behind on it. But that's okay! The creative juices finally started flowing last night and I whipped together part one of my three-part modern retelling of Sita and Rama's love story in the Ramayana.

Other people's writing: The best writing I read this week for class was Ish's storybook on the Magic of Maya. I had never heard of maya before, and his stories so far really helped me to understand the concept. He did a great job with imagery and using emotions to tell his stories.

Other classes: My other classes are fine, there's a group project I have in one of them that we had a deadline for on Friday. It was a little stressful but we all pulled together and got it done. We still have a bit of work to do though to be able to do well on the final piece.

Outside of school: Outside of school, I'm doing pretty well. This past weekend was Easter, a very important holiday for my family and I as Christians. My mom, stepdad and niece were able to come to church with my husband and I yesterday and then we went to lunch and spent more time together before they had to head back home. It's really hard for me to be away from my family so much, but my new job has me working most weekends so it keeps me from going home to visit as often as I would like. 

This week: This week, for this class I hope to get a lot of assignments done so I can get my points up. I'm aiming to get a C, so hopefully my schedule allows me to do so. I also have some work to do for my other classes this week, and would also like to apply for some post-graduation jobs. It looks to be a busy one for me!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 2 Story: Retelling of the Crocodile in the River