Week 8 Reading and Writing


I can't believe it's already halfway through the semester! Looking back, I can see that I was keeping up with the assignments really well for the first four weeks or so, and then things started getting a little intermittent. I had been working on some outside of school projects, as well as working a part-time job that leaves me exhausted when I get home, so I know exactly why that is.

I am overall satisfied with my blog and my website so far, but of course when I get back to working on my Storybook I'm sure I'll find some changes to make. This second half of the semester I should be less busy (hope I'm not jinxing myself, haha), and I'm excited to get to work more on my Storybook!

My favorite reading so far would be the Ramayana, mainly because I didn't get to finish the Mahabharata. I may try to finish it at some point for extra credit reading. My favorite story I've written so far would probably be the "Squirrel's are Special," a retelling of the squirrel who helped build the bridge to Sri Lanka. But I really am happy with all three stories I've written so far for this class, and it definitely helps that I took Myth-Folklore so I kind of knew what I was doing and what kind of reading notes worked best for me (I'm pretty minimal with my reading notes but I always write down how I want to retell the story so I don't forget, I like to get creative with my retellings).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 2 Story: Retelling of the Crocodile in the River