Week 2 Reading Overview

Shiva and Parvati
(British Museum, circa 1800)
I chose this image because I mention a comic about Shiva and Parvati and I am interested in learning more about their love story.

For my reading of the Ramayana, I've decided to go with the tiny tales book! I'll be honest, the biggest factor influencing this decision is that it's the shortest version and I know that while I would love to read the one that is more like reading a novel, I probably wouldn't read all of it. So this is just me helping out my future self. I also like that I can just read it on my computer!

As for the comics, I am interested in Shiva Parvati: A Story of Divine Love (Volume 506) for sure! I'm interested in this because, like I mentioned in my storybook favorites blog post, I'm somewhat familiar with the story of Parvati and Shiva because of the book series Tiger's Curse. I'm also interested in Savitri: The Perfect Wife (Volume 511). This one is interesting to me because of the fact that she marries someone for true love even though he is poor and exiled.

The videos that caught my attention were the one on Hindu creation stories, because I always find creation/origin stories interesting, Greek and Hindu myth parallels, because DUH I love learning similarities between different cultures stories, and the crash course on Rama and the Ramayana because it seems thorough and helpful if I'm ever confused.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 2 Story: Retelling of the Crocodile in the River