Reading Notes: Tiny Tales from the Ramayana, Part D

Wow, that was a bit of a disappointing ending. After all Rama and Sita had been through, he literally fought a war for her, only to exile her again just because of gossip. I really really did not like that. I just felt like all they had to do was something to prove her faithfulness in front of everyone, just like with the fire before. Something that wouldn't literally take her into the ground, never to be seen again.

I think if I retold anything from this part, it would be changing what happens when Rama finds out about the gossip. I would want him to make a very public announcement about how Sita was faithful to him, and find some way to prove it to the citizens so they could trust their king and queen again.

And then Sita could give birth to her children, and many more than just the twins, with her husband there to raise them. And I'd probably have to come up with new names for them.

Bibliography:  Laura Gibbs, Tiny Tales from the Ramayana, Stories 180-200.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 2 Story: Retelling of the Crocodile in the River