Time Strategies

Image by Steve Buissinne from Pixabay  


Man, oh, man am I not good at time management (most of the time). I honestly just go through phases where I'm really productive and on top of things, and phases where my anxiety keeps me from starting tasks until the last minute, and phases where I'm in between. Obviously I prefer the first one. 

As I am about to graduate and move out into the world, where at least I assume the consequences will be bigger for procrastinating and letting my anxiety get the best of me, I realize I need to work on my time management. That's partly why I am not working at the student paper for the first time in three years, because I really needed to take this semester to work on myself and my mental health, and I just wasn't getting the time and space I needed to do that before.

This semester, all but one of my classes are asynchronous online. I think this will be a challenge, but a good one. It will teach me to be a self-starter and to do things even when I feel like I don't need to right then. I don't know if I'll be able to stick to an exact schedule that stays the same week to week, but I do hope to as much as possible.

To learn more about time management I read these articles: 


Eat The Frogs First Thing in The Morning (And Other Better Work Habits)

These were both relevant and helpful for me. I am so bad at just starting something that I know is going to be a lot of work. Everything seems like a mountain sometimes. And I really liked the one about doing things first thing in the morning, which is something I've actually been trying to do the past few weeks. We've been getting up around 7 a.m. and reading our Bibles to start the day, then we're up early and have time to work on things or do things we might not otherwise. During the semester I would like to maybe work on this class right after that or one of my other classes.

I have high hopes for this semester, but I also don't want to be too harsh on myself. Living in this pandemic, sometimes just getting through the day is enough for all of us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 2 Story: Retelling of the Crocodile in the River