My Favorite Place (of 2020)

    So, I've done a lot of traveling in my life so far, and it's really hard for me to pick my favorite place EVER. Last spring, when I took Mythology and Folklore, I just chose two recent trips I'd taken: Los Angeles and New Orleans. Before COVID hit in March, I had a lot of travel planned for the next year. I was supposed to go to Costa Rica for spring break, I had accepted a summer investigative journalism fellowship at Arizona State University in Phoenix, AZ (that would have involved living in Phoenix for the summer as well as traveling across the country to meet with sources), and just a few weeks ago I was supposed to be on the island of Kauai, Hawaii for a belated honeymoon. That has now been postponed to January 2022, fingers crossed it happens!

    All that to say, for this post I decided to talk about a little trip to Lake Eufaula that I took with my husband just after our wedding in September. I've been to Lake Eufaula tons of times, having grown up in Muskogee, but it now holds a very special place in my heart as I got to spend those few sweet days unplugged with my best friend. 

    First, I wanted to show a map that shows where Lake Eufaula is in Oklahoma:


You can see it's on the East side of the state, just at and below I-40. Map from State-Maps.org

    And now here are some of the pictures I took, enjoy!


Sunrise from our balcony overlooking Lake Eufaula. Sept. 2020. Taken by me.


Me and Andy, on a pontoon boat we rented on Lake Eufaula. Sept. 2020. Taken with self-timer.


Another view of Lake Eufaula from our balcony. Sept. 2020. Taken by me


Me using the swim rope to float in the water while our boat was turned off. Sept. 2020. Taken by Andy.


Selfie of me and Andy at a little diner getting breakfast. Sept. 2020. Taken by me.


One of the best sno-cones I've ever tasted...Tiger's Blood with nerds. Still think about it to this day. Sept. 2020. Taken by me.


Eating on the balcony after grilling burgers. Sept. 2020. Taken by me.


Pretty shot of the sunset from our balcony (can you tell I really liked this balcony view, lol). Sept. 2020. Taken by me.


Me along for the ride while Andy drives the boat. Sept. 2020. Taken by Andy.




Comments

  1. Oh, I had wondered if you had managed to have a pandemic wedding, Jana... and in some ways having a honeymoon that is just separate from the wedding could be a very good thing, so i will think happy Hawaii thoughts for you a year from now in 2022!!! You will be able to take some beautiful pix of water and sunsets then too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 2 Story: Retelling of the Crocodile in the River